CNY Aspies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CNY Aspies

A forum for individuals (mostly in Central/Upstate NY) with Asperger's Syndrome to share stories, compare notes, and discuss living with our unique strengths and weaknesses.

You are not connected. Please login or register

H'lo all, and welcome to CNYA

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1H'lo all, and welcome to CNYA Empty H'lo all, and welcome to CNYA Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:29 am

Rauhiss [Admin]

Admin

I'm Rauhiss, the forum creator and Admin, though some of you know me as Taylor.

The inspiration to create this board came from discussions in our monthly Ithaca Aspies Support Group meeting about possibly creating a FB group so that we could continue discussions outside the group, and so that other individuals who might not be able to make it to the meetings would be able to participate as well.

I'm currently 20, working as a Cashier. I love animals, especially cats or dragons.
I enjoy video games, and will draw on nearly any paper that is set in front of me.

I'm hoping people enjoy this forum, and I'll be adding new categories as the board grows and things come up.

Wishing everyone the best!
~Hissy

https://cnyaspies.board-directory.net

2H'lo all, and welcome to CNYA Empty ENCOUNTER: ALUZANDER APPEARS!! Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Aluzander

Aluzander

Hello all, my user is Aluzander, as you can see, although some know be as Al or Lu.

Surprising to hear as it may be, I am nowhere near your area; I live in the Iowan midwest! However, I did originally come from Brooklyn, NY, growing up in the Projects. Not exactly the best growing environment, so I was sent to Iowa to live with other family. Mom finally joined me a few years ago. I have been in touch with Rauhiss for some time as an acquaintence, and one night we discovered, hey, we're both crazy cat lovin' Aspies! So here I am. :'D

At the time of this posting I am 17 years old, although, I will turn 18 here on October 1st, 2011. That's a little over two weeks! I expect the party to be small and personal, as usual, but it's hitting that big marker age that excites me most, not the gifts!

I am a gamer by nature, almost by instinct. Pair up being an aspie with ADHD and anxiety, and it's easy to see why. Games have been the only entertainment medium to hold my attention for long periods of time.

Favorite series include Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Disgaea, Metal Gear Solid, The Legend of Zelda, and Call of Duty. I also enjoy reading fiction books with good narratives, Max Brooks and Stephen King are a coupla' good ones. I'm also an aspiring writer myself, primarily fiction novels. Maybe one day I'll write a non-fiction title about my life with Asperger's...

Anywho, that's a little bit of me at a glance. Hope I get to know more about you, and you about me, in the future. :3

Last edited by Aluzander on Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional personal information added. Hobbies added.)

Rauhiss [Admin]

Admin

Heya' Lu, glad you could join us.

Sounds like a pretty small town. And I complain about Cortland being in the middle of nowhere. xD

Oh, come on, you're a little excited about the gifts. And what sort of cake are you hoping for?

Ooooh, games. We'll have to add a thread on that in the Specific Discussion forum.

To the future! ~raises glass~

https://cnyaspies.board-directory.net

Aluzander

Aluzander

Thanks Hissy. :3

I wouldn't call it a small town... Er, maybe it's small by local standards. Waverly has a population around 12000 last I heard. But still, there ain't nothin' to do here, so everyone goes to the next city over for entertainment.

Well... Truth be told, mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I kinda shrugged the question off with a mumble. What I really want is a--or money towards--a 3DS, or funds to put down a preorder on the CoD: MW3 Edition 360, but I could never even ask for anything so expensive. I guess the only thing I could really ask for would be a cheap Alto-C 12 hole ocarina.

As for a cake, I usually actually get a pumpkin pie instead! Though some vanilla or red velvet sounds amazing right about now.

It's funny. The other day I asked, "Mom, what's it called when the economy isn't in a recession?" I honestly didn't know. We laughed. xD

Oh, yes we should set up a gaming discussion in the off topic area. Lord knows that may become a hot spot now and again.

To Aspies everywhere, beating out the Syndrome! *clinks glasses*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum